AhnarisCraft!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Niriw's AWESOME application

2 posters

Go down

Niriw's AWESOME application Empty Niriw's AWESOME application

Post  Niriw Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:43 pm

ok, it's not really awesome, just a normal app :D

MC user name: Niriw
Languages: Español (native), English
Favorite thing to build and why: Farms and estates, I love minecraft because of that, you can go back to the good old days, have your old looking house built of wooden planks or stone bricks, breed some animals, grow some pumpkins! I think this is mainly because I used to play Harvest Moon a lot when I was younger, and Minecraft kind of brings those feelings back but better since you can build however you like. And I also like to TRY building a castle (but I fail horribly at it)
IRL hobbies: uhm, aside from video games? e-sports, trekking, watch the stars, some movies, tv series, some manga.

Pick one of the following topics, and tell us something about it - Ancient Egypt, Famous Pianists, Nuclear Physics:

--------------------------------------------------
Warning: Wall of text incoming
--------------------------------------------------

Most people know about the Alpha, Beta and Gamma radiation, they are Helium nucleus, electrons and photons respectively, these 3 types of radiation occur naturaly and especifically for each atom on an unique way, most atoms only can degenerate through 1 or 2 types of desintegration, but explaining it might be a little complex for most people, I want to focus on something else, especifically on Beta, which I find the most interesting one.
When one of these degenerations occur to an atom, we see how a particle is "created", from another particle, on Beta for example, we see a proton turn into a neutron, and viceversa, but how is it posible to a positive charge to turn itself neutral? or a neutral turn into a positive one? and also, these 2 particle have diferent mass, the difference is almost 0, but there IS a difference in their mass, that difference is almost an electron mass.

The common Beta radiation, occurs when a neutron, turns into a proton, liberating an electron in the process (which is the so called Beta radiation), so, the charge is conserved and the mass is conserved, but there is a problem, we used to have 1 particle and now we have 2, and there is a third principle which hasn't been completed, the conservation of the baryon number, basically, if there used to be 1 particle (as a whole system) now we CAN'T have 2, we have to keep having 1 particle, so this reaction has to create something to keep the equilibrium, so and antiparticle is created, an antineutrino, remember when I said the difference of mass between a proton and a neutron was almost an electron? well that small difference almost unexistant, is the mass of the antineutrino, this antiparticle has no charge and is so small (1/10000 the mass of an electron) that is almost imposible to detect, and also it has a life time really short, due to itself colliding with a neutrino generated from the beta reaction of a proton turning into a neutron (in which case is created a positron [basically an antiparticle with the same properties of an electron but with positive charge] and a neutrino [the particle corresponding to the antineutrino]).

So, according to the Beta reaction, for each particle that has ever been created, there HAS to be an antiparticle, so, maybe, is there an "anti-universe" out there somewhere?

Niriw

Back to top Go down

Niriw's AWESOME application Empty Re: Niriw's AWESOME application

Post  chaotix8000 Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Please hop on our Mumble server for an interview, the information is...
vx71.commandchannel.com

As soon as you join our Mumble server, you'll want to speak with any of the OPs that are online.
SpidrMnky, Kirean, Kaisan, Nautik, Ahnaris, NoKill, Chaotix, Eri, Martin, Mitt, Alex

If there are no OPs online, please leave a reply in this thread letting us know when you will be on Mumble, so one of us can hop in and interview you.

Thanks!
chaotix8000
chaotix8000

Back to top Go down