AhnarisCraft!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dumbest starcraft 2 game of my life.

5 posters

Go down

dumbest starcraft 2 game of my life. Empty dumbest starcraft 2 game of my life.

Post  BigGWesty Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Just had the dumbest 20 something minute game ever.
My opponent did a bad innovative mass speedling strategy where he put me on one base and made a nydus and then only lings. Took no extra bases and then moaned when I moved out with roach hit squads that were 1,1.
Kinda sucks how allin some people get.
Btw roaches are REALLY good.

Last edited by BigGWesty on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed for bob <3)

BigGWesty

Location : Glasgow, East Kilbride, Scotland (Not England. There are people who think they're the same >=(

Back to top Go down

dumbest starcraft 2 game of my life. Empty Re: dumbest starcraft 2 game of my life.

Post  Emotionless_Bob Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:54 pm

All-in sounds bad, I prefer to call it, "innovative strategy".

Emotionless_Bob

Back to top Go down

dumbest starcraft 2 game of my life. Empty Re: dumbest starcraft 2 game of my life.

Post  Guest Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:38 pm

Well here's one that is almost as dumb...

I ended up on some 2v2 map (don't recall which) against a Protoss. He cannon-rushed, I reacted, he fell back, I pressed on, he built cannons behind me, I kept moving... this continued for about ten minutes until I decided to Siege Tank his Nexus. He then proceeded to take his last Probe and run around creating Nexii all over the place and building Cannons when I would leave him alone.

I eventually maxed out my supply with Battlecruisers and Yamato'd his Probes a few thousand times. Finally got his last Nexus at the 45-minute mark.

Oi... some people...

Back to top Go down

Post  Emotionless_Bob Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:48 am

lol.. I once was tanking my MMR to play in bronze.. I started a game, and then I began to go and do something else. I hadn't realized I had left the game on, and I was 15 minutes into the game and AFK. He still hadn't scouted me yet, and he had four sensor towers in his base. I began the game, and just tried to amass a marine defense. He eventually scouts me with a marine, which I proceed to kill with my two bunkered marines. Then, the idiot tries to contain me with missile turrets and tanks at my natural. I just decided to make a CC in his base and lift it off to his 3rd (Antiga Shipyard, his 3rd was close by air) and began to saturate with MULEs. Eventually I got banshees, and began picking off his units one at a time. I amassed a large sky force, which I defended with marines. Using some insane micro, I caught his army out of position, and got some Seeker missiles off on his marines, and focused down the tanks with my banshees. My few vikings took out the couple battlecruisers he had. After that, I stimmed my marines and went in for the kill. I managed to force him back to his two bases, and I continued to drop harass and banshee harass for as long as possible.
The game goes on for about an hour, so i'll sum it up: When in bronze, scouting does you a world of good. Don't end up like this guy and lose to some silver who is afk for the first 15 minutes of a game.

Emotionless_Bob

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:09 am

When in Bronze... scout.
When in Silver... learn the counters.
When in Gold... Expect cheese.
When in Platinum... Expect some lowfat cheese.
When in Diamond... Expect real strategy.
When in Master... Expect to lose.
When in Grandmaster... oh hello, HuK!

Incidentally, I have a friend in Grandmaster 2v2.

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:47 am

When in Eu Bronze... scout and learn counters.
When in Eu Silver... expect cheese.
When in Eu Gold... Expect better cheese.
When in Eu Platinum... Expect some lowfat cheese with genuine build orders.
When in Eu Diamond... Expect real strategy.
When in Eu Master... Expect to lose.
When in Eu Grandmaster... oh hello, TLO or White-Ra

At every level you should always remember:

"SCV's and supply depots" - Day[J]

BigGWesty

Location : Glasgow, East Kilbride, Scotland (Not England. There are people who think they're the same >=(

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonkers Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:27 am

In every league, you need to actively scouts, whether it's to counter cheese from noobs or find out the strats of the pros.
Bonkers
Bonkers

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:46 am

Bonkers wrote:In every league, you need to actively scouts, whether it's to counter cheese from noobs or find out the strats of the pros.
Just watch NesTea in every ZvT. No scout till 8 minutes. Just drones and OL's with very little tech. Zerg is one of those awesome races that lets you just drone till your opponent moves out, then you make a ton of units.

BigGWesty

Back to top Go down

Post  Emotionless_Bob Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:51 am

BigGWesty wrote:
Bonkers wrote:In every league, you need to actively scouts, whether it's to counter cheese from noobs or find out the strats of the pros.
Just watch NesTea in every ZvT. No scout till 8 minutes. Just drones and OL's with very little tech. Zerg is one of those awesome races that lets you just drone till your opponent moves out, then you make a ton of units.
What sucks is when they push out before your injects hit D:

Emotionless_Bob

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonkers Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:50 am

you still need to scout the area around your base, they use overlords but it's still scouting. You rarely see canon rush or proxy barracks in high level play but they are still part of the game and most players scout for them.

Bonkers
Bonkers

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:54 am

Emotionless_Bob wrote:What sucks is when they push out before your injects hit D:
That's why (if they're on two base) you make about 12-16 lings at 7minutes. They become banes and the terran has to slow push into your base. Gives you enough time to make more lings.

If they're on one then you make the lings at 6 minutes and scout when the lings are done with an OL.
That always works for me. I always keep an OL within range of the gas so I can tell how much gas has been taken. Helps me know if they're going banshee cause that always sucks.

Toss you shouldn't worry about any attack until 7 minutes, then put a couple of spines down if they're on one base. Cancel if you see them start to expo or make a spore if they don't and always look for proxies.

Zerg you're screwed anyway cause they just blew up everything you have with a single baneling.

BigGWesty

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:38 pm

I hate the matchmaking system. I got paired with a Bronze, two Silvers, two Golds, and then a Master. My first five minutes went from easy win, to countering cannon rushes, to fighting off a half million Zerglings and Roaches.

Same thing in 3v3. My friends and I will get paired with equal skill for a while, then be matched with Grandmaster. Upon losing, we get matched with Bronze, until we work our way back up to Platinum.

Incidentally, is there such a thing as a non-cheesy 3v3 strategy? I do RineRauder rushes...

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:09 pm

rhettbutler13 wrote:Incidentally, is there such a thing as a non-cheesy 3v3 strategy? I do RineRauder rushes...
Not really possible since everyone does rushes. You could make one less rax and try for a CC but you might lose depending on your control. Just mess about with the buildings and units you make and see what you can add in or take away to make it more eco friendly.

BigGWesty

Back to top Go down

Post  Unicorn427 Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:56 pm

rhettbutler13 wrote:I hate the matchmaking system. I got paired with a Bronze, two Silvers, two Golds, and then a Master. My first five minutes went from easy win, to countering cannon rushes, to fighting off a half million Zerglings and Roaches.

Same thing in 3v3. My friends and I will get paired with equal skill for a while, then be matched with Grandmaster. Upon losing, we get matched with Bronze, until we work our way back up to Platinum.

Incidentally, is there such a thing as a non-cheesy 3v3 strategy? I do RineRauder rushes...

You dont 2v2 much do you? u dont know wut cheese is until u fight cheese on the diamond control level for 2v2.....
Unicorn427
Unicorn427

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:15 pm

I don't like 2v2 that much... I enjoy the teamwork of 3v3. My two buddies and I collab over Skype and have a lot of fun. I go RineRauderRush, buddy #1 goes Siege Tank/Viking tech, and buddy #3 backdoors DTs. Works almost every time!

Back to top Go down

Post  Unicorn427 Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:29 pm

lol ya i agree me and my buuddy do the same thing in 2v2 but he rushes rine tanks i rush rine rauder medivacs....then i drop on the main base and he uses on of my medivacs to give his tanks high ground sight so we can snipe the opponents buildings its a really good strong push if the enemy is massing or going heavy eco
Unicorn427
Unicorn427

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:29 am

I had a team cuss us out because they were all "Oh way to go, using Tier 1 units to beat us," and we were like "Ok sure, you know the hard counter to your Carriers and Battecruisers is mass stimmed Marines, right?" and they were all "Man you should try a real strategy," and I was like "Says the man using a Mothership/Carrier combo to beat Vikings and Marines."

FAIL

Back to top Go down

Post  Emotionless_Bob Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:12 am

rhettbutler13 wrote:I had a team cuss us out because they were all "Oh way to go, using Tier 1 units to beat us," and we were like "Ok sure, you know the hard counter to your Carriers and Battecruisers is mass stimmed Marines, right?" and they were all "Man you should try a real strategy," and I was like "Says the man using a Mothership/Carrier combo to beat Vikings and Marines."

FAIL
I love bronze league. I once had a guy in a PvP call my 3 gate hallucination attack into expo an all-in because I just kept force fielding his units in half while he tried to cannon me out of his base, I used my hallucinated colossus to see up onto the high ground and I blinked up and got a concave on his army. Then he tried to convince me that it was an all-in through a long, pointless argument that an 'all-in strategy' is one that uses everything you have to win without a smooth transition. Then after I proved him wrong there, he said it was all in because I rushed to colossus. I told him it was a hallucination(ROFL,how do you not see the completely huge two-story giant purple hallucination in front of your cannons?) and he blocked me. Then he starting spewing with rage, cursing at me, telling me I should've been aborted.. etc. etc. Regular internet stuff.
We should start a compilation of when bronze fails right here. I have plenty of games I can share.

Emotionless_Bob

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzzy Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:54 am

Placement matches ftw! I only need 2 more for 3v3 and 2v2 to be ranked :)

fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:16 pm

I should start casting ridiculous matches that I play. Some people are hilarious. And what's more hilarious is when I cheese them to death in response and they get freaked out. I do that in League of Legends quite often...

Teammate: "<bleep> you taric you suck go die in a hole"
Me: "I love you too, bro."
TM: "ur gay"
Me: "Your point?"
TM: "<bleep> u everyone go report him for feeding."
(mind you, this is in All chat)
Other guys: "He seems ok to me, it's just a game."
(Meanwhile my friend and I are on Skype cracking up at this guy. My friend happens to be the best player in the match.)
Friend: "I think he's a nice guy, give him a break he seems new."
Other guys: "Well that is understandable."
TM: "<bleep> you all report him NOW!~!!!!!!!!!1!"
<Lord Rhett has scored a double kill>
<Lord Rhett has scored an ace>
Me: "0_o"
Other Guys: "OH CRAP that was AWESOME!"
TM: "<rage>"

So yeah, I was sucking as Taric, he yelled at me, I took out all five opponents (two kills, three assists that my friend killed), and shut that guy up for good.

So you see, in the end, being a nice guy pays off. Even if you end up losing the match, you still gain the respect of the other guys.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down