AhnarisCraft!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Korean server Sc2

+3
Nautik
Blooshamoo
BigGWesty
7 posters

Go down

Korean server Sc2 Empty Korean server Sc2

Post  BigGWesty Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:47 am

I am contemplating buying a korean account but I would like to know what internet speed I'd need at the very least if I wanted to play on it.
I know that there is a lot of latency with the best connections so I was wondering if anyone knew how my internet speed would affect my latency. I actually have a very slow speed broadband so I'm struggling to decide wether or not I should buy it.

I have, on average, a 10MB/s upload and .4B/s download rate at peak times.

If you know of any way to improve this cheap or if this is enough of an upload/download rate to play with low latency on the Korean server please tell me.

I wasn't sure if I should post this in gaming or software/hardware since it comes under both descriptions.

BigGWesty

Location : Glasgow, East Kilbride, Scotland (Not England. There are people who think they're the same >=(

Back to top Go down

Korean server Sc2 Empty Re: Korean server Sc2

Post  Blooshamoo Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:56 am

Get a trial account and see how well your connection performs.

I think you meant a 10Mb download and 0.4Mb upload. 10MB would be an amazing Internet connection.
Blooshamoo
Blooshamoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nautik Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:00 am

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I had heard that you couldn't actually get a Korean account unless you were Korean. The only reason some of the non Korean players and casters have them is for business purposes.

Ahn will be able to let you know on that one for sure though, I may be completely wrong.
Nautik
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:09 am

Since Blizzard semi-merged some regions, users who purchase a Taiwanese account have the ability to play with Koreans. As for your internet...I couldn't begin to give you an informed answer. I know I occasionally have latency issues - and I'm running 22 down / 5 up.

There's other factors that come into this as well - packet loss, etc. - I would indeed get a trial account for that region & test it first.

Admin
Admin

https://ahnaris.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:33 am

Blooshamoo wrote:I think you meant a 10Mb download and 0.4Mb upload. 10MB would be an amazing Internet connection.

I did indeed whoops. =P

Admin wrote:users who purchase a Taiwanese account have the ability to play with Koreans.

Thanks for telling me that one, I would have been dumb and tried to buy a korean account forgetting that it's now a TW/KR server and that buying either will work.

BigGWesty

Location : Glasgow, East Kilbride, Scotland (Not England. There are people who think they're the same >=(

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:50 pm

Quite ridiculous that the day I say that my download speed is 10 MB and upload is .4 MB is the same day when it decides to drop to 1MB download and a non-existant upload with a 2000ms ping to the nearest server using speedtest.net despite the usual ping being less than 40ms

It's like fate hates me.

BigGWesty

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakmoshna Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:59 pm

im getting a 100/10Mbit connection wich is quite common in sweden so i guess i can try the korean server out :P

Nakmoshna

Back to top Go down

Post  Blooshamoo Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Quite ridiculous that the day I say that my download speed is 10 MB and upload is .4 MB is the same day when it decides to drop to 1MB download and a non-existant upload with a 2000ms ping to the nearest server using speedtest.net despite the usual ping being less than 40ms

Smells like virgin media.
Blooshamoo
Blooshamoo

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Blooshamoo wrote:Smells like virgin media.
It is that. I hate virgin media but it's not me who pays for the broadband so I have no say in what our ISP is.
I'd rather have a consistant 5MB speed than have one that can fluctuate between .4 and 10MB upload.

My korean client is taking forever. I started downloading directly after I replied to ahnaris and it's now only 43% done. When it started it said 8 hours. It's now saying it has 20 hours left.

Reminds me of a quote from "Snatch"
Man named Turkish is talking to a guy cooking on a barbeque

*Turkish* "How long left on those sausages?"
*Cook* "5 minutes Turkish"
*Turkish* " hang on. It was 2 minutes five minutes ago"

*cook* *Troll face*

Last edited by BigGWesty on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : said the wrong movie)

BigGWesty

Back to top Go down

Post  Blooshamoo Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:55 pm

I don't think I'd make it into bronze league on the korean servers. They'd probably take me out back and shoot me for dishonoring their bandwidth.
Blooshamoo
Blooshamoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

I think to play on Korean you need to be in Grandmaster in EU or NA to make it into Bronze there...

LAWL. I totally want to see you play Korean server, if only because I'm too scared to even try.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nautik Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:35 am

rhettbutler13 wrote:I think to play on Korean you need to be in Grandmaster in EU or NA to make it into Bronze there...
Ahnaris is Diamond in US, Gold in Korea. He could probably be a Master in the US if he had more time to play, but casting > playing.
Nautik
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:20 am

Nautik wrote: casting > playing.
Tastosis is getting more money per tournament that they cast than the participants are now. Casting really is better than playing.

BigGWesty

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:23 am

I'm now looking for safe (not breaching TOS) ways of purchasing a taiwanese account since you need a KSSN to join with a korean account.
I've found a couple that seem ok but I don't want to be buying a used account or be buying it illegally in some way.

The best method I've found is to buy blizzard points for taiwan and then buy an account using the blizzard points.
I'm not sure how legal that is so if anyone's got any legitimate ideas about how legal that is or if they know of a better method then please tell me.

BigGWesty

Back to top Go down

Post  Nautik Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:13 pm

BigGWesty wrote:I'm now looking for safe (not breaching TOS) ways of purchasing a taiwanese account since you need a KSSN to join with a korean account.

Aye, that's the problem I was talking about. :(

Best bet is to google around. But you knew that, so I'm literally zero help.

Yay for being useless!
Nautik
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Right now I'm just trying to find out if buying the blizzard points is illegal if I'm not buying them from blizzard or one of it's affiliates.
If it's legal then every step past it is legal and I have myself a taiwanese/korean account for £25 (or $38) which is ridiculously cheap but that's how much the taiwanese battlenet account management says it is.

BigGWesty

Back to top Go down

Post  RaineTSL Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:52 am

Yes its definitely legal if you buy a Taiwan account because you don't have to get a fake ID number. And taiwan connects to the korean server so its the exact same thing but cheaper!!

I boguht mine from http://www.sc2sea.com/showthread.php?t=1893 and they give me guest pass to test out the latency first as i was unsure about it too. it has translation and all so i hope it helps someone who wants to play on the korean server. took me forever to find a place to buy an account

RaineTSL

Back to top Go down

Post  kirean Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:45 am

rainetsl is a fake account and has been banned
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down