AhnarisCraft!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application for Bonkers025

4 posters

Go down

Application for Bonkers025 Empty Application for Bonkers025

Post  Bonkers Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi, my name is Bonkers025, I play Minecraft for a couple of months now.
I'm not a great builder but I try to improve my stuff. I played on 2 servers so far, the first one was always empty so I left and the second one I played for a month, became a donator and the server kind went dead, there was never more than 4-5 person online and it became boring.

On that server, I was making myself a nice little place. It had all the farms I needed, a shop (the server had a money and shop mod), a big cinema with a little cafe and I was planning to add more but it's getting boring there.

Here are some of the project I made, can't post them all and can't post a link to the online album so here is a few.
Application for Bonkers025 2011-07-28_163734
Application for Bonkers025 2011-07-28_163727
Application for Bonkers025 2011-07-28_163703
I can provide more eventually.

I would really like to play on this server for mostly 2 big reasons. First, well, Ahnaris! second, I'm pretty sure this server is never empty and full of great people.

A little on a personal note, my name is Ben, I live near Montreal in Canada and I have 3 kids, a wife and 2 cats.

I hope you can let me play on the server. Although I wont be making some big structure now, I'm gonna wait for the 1.8 server move before starting something awesome.
Bonkers
Bonkers

Back to top Go down

Application for Bonkers025 Empty Re: Application for Bonkers025

Post  Nautik Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Looks great!

What is your MC user name? I will add you to the white list.
Nautik
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonkers Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:10 pm

Bonkers025
thank you

also, I got a few questions that I didn't find the answer on the boards.

Does this server has anything to protect our buildings?
Anything to protect our chests?
can you teleport to your residence or any similar system?
Do you have any currency and shop system or is it just trade?

thank you.

Bonkers
Bonkers

Back to top Go down

Post  Nautik Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Bonkers wrote:Does this server has anything to protect our buildings?
No, but there should be as soon as 1.8 rolls out. We've been looking for good anti griefing mods.
Bonkers wrote:Anything to protect our chests?
Yes, a mod called Lockette.
Bonkers wrote:can you teleport to your residence or any similar system?
Yes, I forgot what we use though.
Bonkers wrote:Do you have any currency and shop system or is it just trade?
Not really at the moment, but come 1.8 we'll be pretty strict on "no give" policies, so I could certainly expect a couple to pop up. I know there are people that trade stuff back and forth, but right now we don't have anything formal.

You'll be able to log onto the server in just a minute. :) Adding you to the white list right now
Nautik
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  kirean Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:49 pm

Nautik wrote:
Bonkers wrote:can you teleport to your residence or any similar system?
Yes, I forgot what we use though.

But for the moment you cant teleport directly to your residence, unless you have already set a portal up there. We use Real Teleporter for our teleporter system, and admins can use the TP command when necessary. As of yet, no tp->coord system that I know of.

Nautik wrote:
Bonkers wrote:Do you have any currency and shop system or is it just trade?
Not really at the moment, but come 1.8 we'll be pretty strict on "no give" policies, so I could certainly expect a couple to pop up. I know there are people that trade stuff back and forth, but right now we don't have anything formal.

Just as a general note on this, mainly for Nautik/Ahn's sake. There is currently a bug with pistons that allow duplication of items. I know several people have used it to replicate tnt, diamonds, etc. I'd wait for this to get fixed before implementing a currency mod, as once I get, say, 9 diamonds, I'd have as many as I want to get.
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Post  Nautik Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Rumor is that the piston bug should be fixed with 1.8. Martin showed it to me the other day. Pretty OP!

I'll look into it a bit more.
Nautik
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonkers Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:47 pm

kirean wrote:
Just as a general note on this, mainly for Nautik/Ahn's sake. There is currently a bug with pistons that allow duplication of items. I know several people have used it to replicate tnt, diamonds, etc. I'd wait for this to get fixed before implementing a currency mod, as once I get, say, 9 diamonds, I'd have as many as I want to get.

the dupe machine was fixed in the 1.7.3 update, unless this server was never updated to it.

as for good anti-grieifing mod, bukkit residence mod is great for that. it also serve as a teleportation, you can control if you want fire to spread or not with it and if people can use lava, water, or tnt. On the last server I was the only griefing done was because people didn't protected their residence with it or because they gave access to their residence to the bad kind of people.
Bonkers
Bonkers

Back to top Go down

Post  kirean Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Nautik wrote:Rumor is that the piston bug should be fixed with 1.8. Martin showed it to me the other day. Pretty OP!

Ya, I can confirm that it still works with 1.7.3, but I do think I saw that its supposed to be fixed in 1.8 as well. If I can find that again, I'll link it.

I find it pretty useful when doing large aesthetic projects, but for a currency system, it would cripple it. Imagine a world where people just just print money in a hope to stabilize the market or ease some depression in their wallets. That'd be crazy right? ... right?
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Post  Nautik Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:37 pm

kirean wrote:
Nautik wrote:Rumor is that the piston bug should be fixed with 1.8. Martin showed it to me the other day. Pretty OP!

Ya, I can confirm that it still works with 1.7.3, but I do think I saw that its supposed to be fixed in 1.8 as well. If I can find that again, I'll link it.

I find it pretty useful when doing large aesthetic projects, but for a currency system, it would cripple it. Imagine a world where people just just print money in a hope to stabilize the market or ease some depression in their wallets. That'd be crazy right? ... right?

I see what you did there!
Nautik
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:16 am

proof of duplication is in nokills secret base. We had no implemented rules against it and no real currency laws so there isn't really a problem with it. You can't counterfeit money when money doesnt exist.

BigGWesty

Location : Glasgow, East Kilbride, Scotland (Not England. There are people who think they're the same >=(

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Bonkers025... that stuff looks awesome. What say you and I make a town together when 1.8 rolls out, eh? :D

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonkers Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:05 pm

I prefer to work alone on my stuff but I like to help people on their stuff.

I like to think that if you want something perfect, you need to do it by yourself. But that's just me :)

But I will gladly help if you need help with your town.
Bonkers
Bonkers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down