AhnarisCraft!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyrim lulz

+11
BigGWesty
Emotionless_Bob
Nokill
Kamisama
killer84899
Kaisan
DatJames
BlahSyn
Tanrex
kirean
NKBrillo
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Skyrim lulz Empty Skyrim lulz

Post  NKBrillo Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:50 pm

So I started playing Skyrim (thanks a lot, Ahnaris) and I thought it would be fun to share some stories of things not to do.

1. So day 1, I broke into someone's house in the first town and stole all their money and food and such. The next day after waking up, three thugs were there to teach me a lesson. Awesome. So I ran across the bridge and stood on a rock and shot them. For some reason, they can't jump so they just stood there and took arrow after arrow. I got some nice iron armor from them though.

2. I killed a chicken in town. Big mistake. Every NPC, aside from the children, near me attacked. I killed them of course but then the town seemed empty. Just children... very Lord of the Flies if you ask me. I reloaded my save and will no longer attack chickens.

3. For fun, while at the first major city, I went into an inn with about 5-8 NPCs and decided to shoot the innkeeper in the face. I hit her twice before being overwhelmed by large axes. I would have killed her but too many other NPCs got in the way.

So, anyone else have some fun stories to share? I've stopped watching Ahnaris's Let's Play so as not to ruin anything he may stumble across. The game is pretty awesome.

NKBrillo
NKBrillo

Back to top Go down

Skyrim lulz Empty Re: Skyrim lulz

Post  kirean Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:06 pm

NKBrillo wrote:So I started playing Skyrim (thanks a lot, Ahnaris) and I thought it would be fun to share some stories of things not to do.

1. So day 1, I broke into someone's house in the first town and stole all their money and food and such. The next day after waking up, three thugs were there to teach me a lesson. Awesome. So I ran across the bridge and stood on a rock and shot them. For some reason, they can't jump so they just stood there and took arrow after arrow. I got some nice iron armor from them though.

2. I killed a chicken in town. Big mistake. Every NPC, aside from the children, near me attacked. I killed them of course but then the town seemed empty. Just children... very Lord of the Flies if you ask me. I reloaded my save and will no longer attack chickens.

3. For fun, while at the first major city, I went into an inn with about 5-8 NPCs and decided to shoot the innkeeper in the face. I hit her twice before being overwhelmed by large axes. I would have killed her but too many other NPCs got in the way.

So, anyone else have some fun stories to share? I've stopped watching Ahnaris's Let's Play so as not to ruin anything he may stumble across. The game is pretty awesome.

Not another one. I really need to fix my desktop so I can play this game.
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanrex Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:12 pm

I wish I had a computer that could run it. That's my story.

I have played it on Xbox. Let's see, what stories do I have to tell... OK, I got one. There was this giant who was just standing on the edge of some water with a dead mammoth in the water. I had the staff of paralysis and used it on him. He fell over like a tree. He got up, and just stood there. I did that to him about 5 times, then I attacked him when he was down. That's when he got mad. There was this random bear around that attacked the giant. One swing from the club, and the bear went flying. IDK if ever landed.
Tanrex
Tanrex

Back to top Go down

Post  BlahSyn Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:10 pm

on my "2nd" save i got to level 20 by just leveling smithy and illusion. BIG MISTAKE
cant take on most mobs without dying a few times before actually getting them D:
BlahSyn
BlahSyn

Back to top Go down

Post  DatJames Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:28 pm

50 hours on my first character.

I went from Nord Spellsword (Right Hand Sword, Left hand Fire) to Sword/Shield to Dual Wield.

Doing the civil war stuff now.

I am having so much fun with this.
DatJames
DatJames

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaisan Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:11 am

I was in the middle of an important briefing on the dragon attack at the west tower near the start of the game, and while the Jarl is at the climax of the briefing, his daughter comes up to me and steals the thunder by telling me she lost her Sweet roll. Some things just can't wait.

I saw to my amazement while exiting a dungeon, a mammoth fall from the sky and die. After the initial "What on earth was that all about," I ventured over and picked up some tusks for a side quest.

Some of you might have seen Ahnaris play the game, and noticed he has gotten a new power lately. The comments you get from guards are hilarious in that regards. "Is that fur I see coming out of your ears?"
Kaisan
Kaisan

Back to top Go down

Post  BlahSyn Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:43 am

i have 3 characters currently.

1)my level 20 smithy warrior (he has lvl 80-90 smithy, and is unable to kill anything)

2)my level 15 pro warrior (he was actually played right)

3)my level 25 assassin(i leveled his stealth up right after i got to riverwood, he currently has 100stealth xD and all perks in it.)

Right now I'm playing my assassin...i still need to go to the companions and finish their quest line so i can become a werewolf...

Also, while going to assassinate someone for the Dark Brotherhood, I bought a horse, and RIGHT AFTER I bought one, 2 ice wolves come up and kill it...
wasted 1k gold D:

Oh well...i can easily earn that back + 7k to boot (game exploits ftw) (i have xbox vers. xD)
BlahSyn
BlahSyn

Back to top Go down

Post  killer84899 Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:00 pm

BlahSyn wrote:
Also, while going to assassinate someone for the Dark Brotherhood, I bought a horse, and RIGHT AFTER I bought one, 2 ice wolves come up and kill it...
wasted 1k gold D:

you shud go to the city called Rift (might be wrong but its sumet like that lol) you can get a horse for free if you talk to the right people :)

killer84899

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamisama Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:55 pm

Riften is home to the infamous Thieves Guild. (it's located on the southeastern part of Skyrim)

I remember when a dragon flew off with my horse when I was running around Skyrim trying to patch up my pranks.

My first character was a pure mage who focused solely on Destruction tree and Restoration tree.

But I soon scrapped that character after about 20 hours. So my second character (currently the one I'm maining) is a Breton Conjurer who prefers to bash people's faces in with a shield and a B.F sword. If anyone needs any help, I'm willing to give you some. I already became the Guild Master of both the Champions and the Thieves Guild. Currently working on establishing the Thieve's Guild's dominion over all of Skyrim ... and then it's off to the College of Magic!

In other words, I'm a Battlemage and once your restoration spells begin to restore stamina ... sprinting is so much fun. ㅅㅅ
Kamisama
Kamisama

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokill Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:34 pm

I think my dude is to strong now, I got a lvl 43 warrior mage everything. I got the full Deadric armor and fully upgraded so no weapon can harm me anymore, and enchantments made it have a LOT! of magic resistence as well.

Spoiler:

And I find it pretty odd that nobody thinks it´s scary to have a deamon walking around them... Plus some kids even say there dads could kill me! Well I showed him! :D Muhahahaa
Nokill
Nokill

Back to top Go down

Post  BlahSyn Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:15 pm

currently trying to get daedra armor for my 1st char. (got bored :P)

leveling up his sneak so i can get summore perk points. (cheat leveling sneak)
BlahSyn
BlahSyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamisama Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:46 pm

Lol, since I'm a hybrid mage, I don't really bother with the Smithing Skill. Just enchantment (especially after obtaining Chillrend) So I'm officially the Guild Master of both The Champions and Thieves Guild now ... currently donning the Nightingale light armour set. Wonder what I'll get out of The College.
Kamisama
Kamisama

Back to top Go down

Post  BlahSyn Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:43 pm

Kamisama wrote:Lol, since I'm a hybrid mage, I don't really bother with the Smithing Skill. Just enchantment (especially after obtaining Chillrend) So I'm officially the Guild Master of both The Champions and Thieves Guild now ... currently donning the Nightingale light armour set. Wonder what I'll get out of The College.

lol mages cant even make their armor so there wouldnt be ANY point in leveling smithing skill :P

anyways.

i needa get my daedric armor so i can rhape the bat sht crazyness
BlahSyn
BlahSyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanrex Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:24 am

Have any of you taken the quest where you help the talking make up with his daedric prince master? If so, do you get daedric armor?
Tanrex
Tanrex

Back to top Go down

Post  Emotionless_Bob Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:36 am

So, reading this, I take it I should get Skyrim?(Although I haven't even finished DA yet..)

Emotionless_Bob

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokill Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:59 am

Tanrex wrote:Have any of you taken the quest where you help the talking make up with his daedric prince master? If so, do you get daedric armor?
As fas as I know you need to make it yourself or open a oblivian portal but so far I only got Deadra hearts and not any armor parts
Nokill
Nokill

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaisan Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:10 am

BlahSyn wrote:
lol mages cant even make their armor so there wouldnt be ANY point in leveling smithing skill :P

anyways.

There are no classes in this game, so a "mage" could walk around in full heavy armor.
Kaisan
Kaisan

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:50 am

I skyrim one of those games where you have a limit to how many lvls each skill can be put to?
ie there are 99 lvl up but 99 skills to choose from.
I'm basically asking if this is one of those games where I can upgrade every skill to max or is there a limit to how many I can do this to?

BigGWesty

Location : Glasgow, East Kilbride, Scotland (Not England. There are people who think they're the same >=(

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamisama Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:02 am

I'm not sure how Oblivion worked, but Skyrim has a skill-based leveling system (not a combat EXP multiplier, etc) Basically, there are certain skill trees that you can develop throughout the game. As you gain EXP in these skill trees, you also can EXP towards your main level (which allows you to gain either +10 Magicka, +10 Stamina, or +10 Health) and grants you 1 point to allot for a perk. The max main level is 70 and the max skill level is 100.

So yes, you CAN level up all of the skill trees to 100. It'll just take a few days.

@Kaisan A mage could technically run around disentigrating people while in heavy armour, but a certain perk triples the bonus armour you gain from a certain spell. Plus, most "clothe" armour grants bonuses that help a mage.
Kamisama
Kamisama

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:39 am

Kamisama wrote:So yes, you CAN level up all of the skill trees to 100. It'll just take a few days.
Yeeeehaaaaw
I love those kinds of games. So relaxing to do that. It's why I'm one of those weird people that actually like mining out massive mountains in minecraft.

BigGWesty

Location : Glasgow, East Kilbride, Scotland (Not England. There are people who think they're the same >=(

Back to top Go down

Post  BlahSyn Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:12 pm

Kaisan wrote:
BlahSyn wrote:

anyways.

There are no classes in this game, so a "mage" could walk around in full heavy armor.

yea, but there really is not point in that considering mage gear (cloth gear basically) gives buffs for mages
and the only reason a mage would wear heavy is if they are upclose and personal in their fighting style (basically the conjurer mage would wear heavy only because of bound weapons.)
wearing other armors would just be a hindrance.

Also, yes, you CAN level every skill to 100, BUT you cant put points into all of the perks.
there are about 210 perks that you can choose from,
BUT you can only get about 81 perk points due to the fact that leveling all the skills only gets you to about lvl 81.
BlahSyn
BlahSyn

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:54 pm

I probably wouldn't reach that point anyway. I just like the knowledge that I can go on for miles if I want to put in the effort. I'd much rather have it and not use it than want to use it and not have it.

BigGWesty

Back to top Go down

Post  BlahSyn Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:49 pm

lol. right now im ez leveling my sneak to 100 so i can have the spare perk points.
(using my warrior save)

gon work my way up to 25ish so i can buy ebon ingots then imma find the merchants who sell daedra hearts.
gon get my daedra armor and batshtcrazyrhape all them mobs
BlahSyn
BlahSyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamisama Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:23 pm

The issue with "skilling" (leveling up via non-combat skills) is that it only really affects early game. If your combat skills are low for the first 15 or 20 levels, then you'll suffer in terms of dying a lot. Therefore, my tip is to focus mainly on leveling up your combat skills for the first several levels or so. But don't neglect your non-combat skills either.
Kamisama
Kamisama

Back to top Go down

Post  Twiggie31 Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:25 pm

damn, theres a perk that triples the armour from enchantments?

thats stupid and completely ruins the point of my battlemage.

no blocking and no extra spellpower when im wielding magic and my new glass mace, and now I find theres no point to all those perks i put into heavy armour?

though I guess it does save me dumping perks into alteration...

Twiggie31

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamisama Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:37 pm

Twiggie31 wrote:damn, theres a perk that triples the armour from enchantments?

thats stupid and completely ruins the point of my battlemage.

no blocking and no extra spellpower when im wielding magic and my new glass mace, and now I find theres no point to all those perks i put into heavy armour?

though I guess it does save me dumping perks into alteration...

No, there's a perk that triples the bonus armour of Alteration spells if you are not wearing light or heavy armour. This is meant to benefit mages who prefer clothe/robes. However, simply wearing light armour will always grant you more ARMOUR than 3x bonus with clothe.

Otherwise, those mages who invest little or no points into Health will fall in one fell swoop!
Kamisama
Kamisama

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamisama Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:52 pm

So ... I'm almost Level 48. Combat feels like a breeze now. My Conjuration skill is Level 100, I can permanently summon "thralls" and have up to two conjurations simultaneously. Sometimes I would use Chillrend and Shield of Ysgramor; donning full Nightingale light armour set! (I have like +50% magic resist from racial passive and blessings, lol)

I don't really have to bother with persuasion or intimidation anymore (thanks to a certain amulet). I simply roll around and stab people for 15x my dagger's base damage. My companion is Aela the Huntress (she has an Ebony war axe, Ebony bow, and Ebony shield; she's currently wearing full glass armour ... although I could probably make her wear Steel armour, Dwarven armour, or even Elven armour)

I'm working towards joining the Dark Brotherhood for a certain ... mount. I thought about abolishing the guild, but it didn't seem like a good long-term investment. I'm also the Guild Master of The Companions, Guild Master of the Thieves Guild, Arch-Mage of the College of Winterhold, and accomplished adventurer of the Bards College. Money feels trivial to me, especially since almost everything drops Ebony tier and I have access to 6 fence merchants.

When a wild dragon appears, I summon two Storm Atronachs and start throwing volleys of arrows at the dragon.
On any other encounters, I summon two Dremora Lords. If I seriously wanted to, I could probably raise two undead and equip them with summon thrall staves. Then when they attack, they would summon atronachs. Throw in my companion, a war hound, horse, and maybe even quest giver ... That's about 7-9 combatants.
Kamisama
Kamisama

Back to top Go down

Post  BlahSyn Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:42 am

Kamisama wrote:So ... I'm almost Level 48. Combat feels like a breeze now. My Conjuration skill is Level 100, I can permanently summon "thralls" and have up to two conjurations simultaneously. Sometimes I would use Chillrend and Shield of Ysgramor; donning full Nightingale light armour set! (I have like +50% magic resist from racial passive and blessings, lol)

I don't really have to bother with persuasion or intimidation anymore (thanks to a certain amulet). I simply roll around and stab people for 15x my dagger's base damage. My companion is Aela the Huntress (she has an Ebony war axe, Ebony bow, and Ebony shield; she's currently wearing full glass armour ... although I could probably make her wear Steel armour, Dwarven armour, or even Elven armour)

I'm working towards joining the Dark Brotherhood for a certain ... mount. I thought about abolishing the guild, but it didn't seem like a good long-term investment. I'm also the Guild Master of The Companions, Guild Master of the Thieves Guild, Arch-Mage of the College of Winterhold, and accomplished adventurer of the Bards College. Money feels trivial to me, especially since almost everything drops Ebony tier and I have access to 6 fence merchants.

When a wild dragon appears, I summon two Storm Atronachs and start throwing volleys of arrows at the dragon.
On any other encounters, I summon two Dremora Lords. If I seriously wanted to, I could probably raise two undead and equip them with summon thrall staves. Then when they attack, they would summon atronachs. Throw in my companion, a war hound, horse, and maybe even quest giver ... That's about 7-9 combatants.

looks like i know what im going to be doing for my mage file xD
BlahSyn
BlahSyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamisama Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:00 pm

Joining the Dark Brotherhood is so much fun ... I get to run around Skyrim assassinating people while wearing a Wedding Dress. ㅅㅂㅅ

Oh ... and you know the old saying: When life gives you lemons ... go murder a clown. ;o
Kamisama
Kamisama

Back to top Go down

Post  BlahSyn Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:26 pm

finished the main quest line....time to level up destruction and enchanting!

gon try for 100% destruction spell cost reduction. or at least 50%

after that, im gon level up 2handed for sum perk points, level up my one handed a bit more, then start leveling the other skills for perk points.
(im only 36 on my highest level save) ( i have 3 lvl 30s)
BlahSyn
BlahSyn

Back to top Go down

Post  killer84899 Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:49 am

BlahSyn wrote:finished the main quest line

does this remove dragons from the game like it did in Oblivion to the oblivion gates?
i've been avoiding it cuz i like seeing dragons :P

killer84899

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamisama Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:24 am

killer84899 wrote:
BlahSyn wrote:finished the main quest line

does this remove dragons from the game like it did in Oblivion to the oblivion gates?
i've been avoiding it cuz i like seeing dragons :P

I seriously doubt it. I even looked it up and people say they will continue spawning regardless. Besides, I 3-slash dragons with my Daedric Sword (Legendary). ;o

----

Edit: Well, I just finished the main storyline. Chopped Alduin down in 5 strokes. Yes, dragons still exist.
Kamisama
Kamisama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanrex Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Kamisama wrote: . . . . I 3-slash dragons with my Daedric Sword (Legendary). ;o

Where did you get your sword? Did you forge it?
Tanrex
Tanrex

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamisama Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:55 pm

Tanrex wrote:

Yes, 100 Smithing breaks the game.
Kamisama
Kamisama

Back to top Go down

Post  killer84899 Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:25 am

Kamisama wrote:
Tanrex wrote:

Yes, 100 Smithing breaks the game.

tweak the combt setting higher then, Adept clearly too easy for you now :P

killer84899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next