Application: Sabinoid

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Application: Sabinoid

Post  Sabinoid on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:41 pm

MC user name: Sabinoid
Languages: English
Favorite thing to build and why: Homes or other buildings carved out of the natural terrain; it is fun to see what can be made within the limits of a hill or mountain.
IRL hobbies: Sleeping, video games, good food, good whiskey.
Pick one of the following topics, and tell us something about it - Ancient Egypt, Famous Pianists, Nuclear Physics:

Nuclear Physics:
A cold fusion experiment usually includes:
a metal, such as palladium or nickel, in bulk, thin films or powder;
deuterium and/or hydrogen, in the form of water, gas or plasma; and
an excitation in the form of electricity, magnetism, temperature, pressure, laser beam(s), or of acoustic waves.

Electrolysis cells can be either open cell or closed cell. In open cell systems, the electrolysis products, which are gaseous, are allowed to leave the cell. In closed cell experiments, the products are captured, for example by catalytically recombining the products in a separate part of the experimental system. These experiments generally strive for a steady state condition, with the electrolyte being replaced periodically. There are also "heat after death" experiments, where the evolution of heat is monitored after the electric current is turned off.

The most basic setup of a cold fusion cell consists of two electrodes submerged in a solution of palladium and heavy water. The electrodes are then connected to a power source to transmit electricity from one electrode to the other through the solution. Even when anomalous heat is reported, it can take weeks for it to begin to appear - this is known as the "loading time," the time required to saturate the palladium electrode with hydrogen.

Sabinoid

Back to top Go down

Re: Application: Sabinoid

Post  Nautik on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Please hop on our Mumble server for an interview, the information is...
vx71.commandchannel.com

As soon as you join our Mumble server, you'll want to speak with any of the OPs that are online.
SpidrMnky, Kirean, Kaisan, Nautik, Ahnaris, NoKill, Chaotix, Eri, Martin, Mitt

If there are no OPs online, please leave a reply in this thread letting us know when you will be on Mumble, so one of us can hop in and interview you.

Thanks!
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabinoid on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:48 am

I was on for a while on Thursday. Got to speak with Mittens for a bit I believe. I'll be on again Friday for most of the day as well.

Sabinoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaisan on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Hop on the server at any time.
Kaisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabinoid on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:43 pm

It seems the server is up again, but I'm not on the whitelist yet. Word has it that the program to whitelist players is not working currently.

Sabinoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Nautik on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Did this ever get sorted out? Were you interviewed and added onto the white list?
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabinoid on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:20 pm

I interviewed with Kaisan. The server was down that day though, so he wasn't able to add me to the whitelist.

Sabinoid

Back to top Go down

Post  chaotix8000 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:31 pm

in that case... lol

Your interview has finished and been approved, you're now added to the white list! Please view our server and forum rules.

The server address for the Minecraft server is...
ahnaris.mossycobble.com
OR

Most of the major projects on the server are built around the John Smith texture pack. It's not a requirement to install or use it, but odds are good that the server will look much better if you use the same texture pack that the moderators are using.

In order to use this texture pack, you need to download MCpatcher, and JohnSmith. There are installation instructions included in the zip file.

I am locking this topic to prevent spam. If you have any issues, please send any OP (our names are in black) a PM and we will do our best to help you out.
chaotix8000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top