AhnarisCraft!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone play DragonVale on iOS?

+14
Bonkers
Admin
thelonster
Sherlockbholmes
Emotionless_Bob
MARS_MINER
TheMaveric
yodaking1999
kirean
GameFriend
Blooshamoo
Noobles
ThyGaming
Nautik
18 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Anyone play DragonVale on iOS? - Page 5 Empty Re: Anyone play DragonVale on iOS?

Post  kirean Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Sigh....tried storm/lichen at the regular breeding cave, and got another bloom #dragonproblems
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Anyone play DragonVale on iOS? - Page 5 Empty Re: Anyone play DragonVale on iOS?

Post  Nautik Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:51 pm

LOL

If you're trying for Sun or Moon use Scorch and Cold. I got both Sun and Moon with that combo. I have a Storm / Lichen going right now that I'm fairly certain is going to produce another Moon (I think Sun needs to have fire present).

I'm rethinking my Panlong farm idea. I might try for two Rainbows, and do a Rainbow farm instead. Their habitats hold way more money. Easier said than done.
Nautik
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  kirean Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:58 pm

Ive got a sun hatching right now, trying Panlong/Air to get my rainbow, because the failure rate is pretty decent results too: I either get Fog or Blazing for a cool million apiece, or I get another Panlong, or Sandstorm as my rarer results. Theres also Mud/Lava which ruins my day, but thats only 2 of 6 possible results.

edit: hahaha I see what I did wrong. I looked at your post for the sun/moon combo, and read the wrong one! Wish you could give dragons away/trade.
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Post  kirean Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:59 am

Well, got my second panlong, sigh. Oh well. Guess I'll keep trying :)

Now I can join the ranks of you elite Panlong Farmers! ^_^
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Post  Nautik Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Finally got my 2nd 13 hour timer. That was a bit more of a pain than I was expecting. Now to get to work on that Rainbow.
Nautik
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobles Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:55 am

My god - I just got my Second Island. So Behind >.<

Quick Question. Is it best to invest on a Breeding Island or the Gem Tree? I'm a ways there but when I do, what's best?
Noobles
Noobles

Back to top Go down

Post  Nautik Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:08 am

IMO, breeding island.

I wouldn't say the tree has been a waste of gems, because it hasn't, but I send out all six gems (tree gives you an extra three to send per day) and I'm lucky if I get four back. Basically, you would want to invest in the tree if you had six people that would for sure send you a gem everyday.

Getting the epic breeding island means you can be breeding two pairs at once. That's double the XP, and double the money from selling off whatever you don't need.
Nautik
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  kirean Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:40 am

Just got my second 48 hour timer with storm/mine(first with that combo, second overall). It'll either be sun/moon....I'm hoping moon!
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Anyone play DragonVale on iOS? - Page 5 Empty Anyone play DragonVale on iOS?

Post  thelonster Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:33 pm

Woot, second try and i get a Panlong, I am stoked.
thelonster
thelonster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nautik Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:03 am

Semi off topic...

I got a $25 itunes gift card from a friend for doing her a favor. What games or apps would you guys recommend that I buy? I have $24 left on it. I bought Where's My Water? and that's pretty fun. I see a lot of people with Infinity Blade, how is that? I've also heard a lot of good things about Draw Something. Would that be a fun game for someone that can barely draw basic shapes without farking them up?

Tell me what's good! (and cheap, I'd like to stretch this $24 the most that I can)
Nautik
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  SpidrMnky Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:51 am

field runners, if it's on there.. :D
SpidrMnky
SpidrMnky

Back to top Go down

Post  kirean Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:01 am

Two new dragons. Steel(metal/cold) and dodo(air/earth). Gogogo.

Rumor has it that dodo is an air hybrid with earth, while sandstorm is a earth hybrid with air. No luck so far on either for me.
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Post  thelonster Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:00 am

kirean wrote:
Rumor has it that dodo is an air hybrid with earth, while sandstorm is a earth hybrid with air. No luck so far on either for me.
I think you got that backwards, the wiki says sandstorm is air/earth and dodo is earth/air.

http://dragonvale.wikia.com/wiki/Sandstorm_Dragon

http://dragonvale.wikia.com/wiki/Dodo_Dragon
thelonster
thelonster

Back to top Go down

Post  kirean Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:14 pm

The Sandstorm Dragon can be bred by selecting an Air Dragon to mate with an earth hybrid dragon

The Dodo Dragon can be bred by selecting an Earth Dragon to mate with an air hybrid dragon
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Post  kirean Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:49 am

kirean wrote:Just got my second 48 hour timer with storm/mine(first with that combo, second overall). It'll either be sun/moon....I'm hoping moon!

it was moon! :D now just for sandstorm, rainbow, dodo.
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Post  kirean Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:57 pm

After about 5 tries...iron/air gave me sand storm :). Got steel n the way too. Now for rainbow and dodo.
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Post  Emotionless_Bob Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:25 am

I just got quake.. *sigh*(FUUUUUU Crystal dragon!)
This will be a long journey to obtaining all the dragons.

Emotionless_Bob

Back to top Go down

Post  GameFriend Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:09 am

Nautik wrote:I've also heard a lot of good things about Draw Something. Would that be a fun game for someone that can barely draw basic shapes without farking them up?

If you can do pictionary you should be pretty well off. :D
Except you have to use your finger.. Unless you have one of those iPhone styluses.
GameFriend
GameFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  ThyGaming Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:12 pm

sakura dragon anyone? I dont know the right combination, so if anyone figures it out, please post :D
ThyGaming
ThyGaming

http://www.z33k.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nautik Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:57 pm

On a whim I went and visited Sherlock and saw he's got his second Rainbow going. QQQQQQ What combo are you using? I have well over 75x with Cactus / Brass and over 25x with Panlong / Fog and have nothing but a lot of gold to show for it. I use gems to speed up timers on Cactus / Brass.

Taking a break from trying to get Rainbow and going to work on getting the new stuff that's out. People on the wiki have had good luck with Flower / Tree for the new Sakura, many reporting getting it on both the first and second shot, of course my first shot gives me a 12 hour timer. Raaaaaaaaaggggeee!! It seems my luck has run out.
Nautik
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  thelonster Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Nautik wrote:
Taking a break from trying to get Rainbow and going to work on getting the new stuff that's out. People on the wiki have had good luck with Flower / Tree for the new Sakura, many reporting getting it on both the first and second shot, of course my first shot gives me a 12 hour timer. Raaaaaaaaaggggeee!! It seems my luck has run out.

Just tried now and got it on my second try, epic breeding island with Flower/Tree
thelonster
thelonster

Back to top Go down

Post  kirean Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:22 pm

I got a ten hour timer with tree/flower, but it's also possible for it to be lava. And if it is, I'm pissed.

But flower tree makes sense, since it's a cherry blossom :D
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Post  kirean Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Nautik wrote:On a whim I went and visited Sherlock and saw he's got his second Rainbow going. QQQQQQ What combo are you using? I have well over 75x with Cactus / Brass and over 25x with Panlong / Fog and have nothing but a lot of gold to show for it. I use gems to speed up timers on Cactus / Brass.

I'm right there with you on cactus brass, there's too many failure combos, but he good thing is that they're all relatively short timers. Sherlock is using panlong mud, iirc. Also, dont forget dodo. I'm using chrome/earth, and just raking in the dough on my 4 and 5 hour failures. Trying to get 25 vernal fountains before they go out :D
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Post  GameFriend Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:35 pm

kirean wrote:I'm right there with you on cactus brass, there's too many failure combos, but he good thing is that they're all relatively short timers. Sherlock is using panlong mud, iirc. Also, dont forget dodo. I'm using chrome/earth, and just raking in the dough on my 4 and 5 hour failures. Trying to get 25 vernal fountains before they go out :D

Wait.. you can't buy them after they go even if you have one already?
GameFriend
GameFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  Nautik Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:39 pm

GameFriend wrote:Wait.. you can't buy them after they go even if you have one already?
That would be correct. :(
Nautik
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  GameFriend Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:44 pm

Nautik wrote:That would be correct. :(

Noo!!!
Well I guess I bought that one for almost nothing..
GameFriend
GameFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherlockbholmes Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:51 am

Har Har got my second rainbow dragon but it was a total surprise after a noticed that I did storm/blazing instead of storm/fire and it somehow got me rainbow.....rainbow is so common :) but on another note I just can't get a Sun I now have 3 moons _._

Sherlockbholmes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kirean Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:46 am

The "official" breeding guide says to breed at day time for sun.

http://dragonvale.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Primalchaos/Breeding_101
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherlockbholmes Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Oh rly wow i guess i have to breed during the weekend because i cant get on my device during the day without being at school -.-

Sherlockbholmes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kirean Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:45 pm

Yea, Its one of those...."yes it is" "no its not" "yes it is" arguments. And backflip wont say one way or the other.

However, I can't remember my breeding times for either my sun or moon. :(
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Post  Nautik Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:52 pm

I got my Sun and two Moons during the day. First Moon was around 8am, to give you an idea.
Nautik
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  kirean Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Nautik wrote:I got my Sun and two Moons during the day. First Moon was around 8am, to give you an idea.

This is outside the range the guide gives as "confirmed" so....im guessing theyre wrong or you glitched :D
kirean
kirean

Back to top Go down

Post  Nautik Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:22 am

Sherlockbholmes wrote:rainbow is so common :)
/rage quit
It's not common (according to the wiki), you're just insanely lucky.
Ah well! I'll get it eventually. I have my second Sakura going now, so I'm going to pick up the last few commons I need and then get back to Rainbow farming. At least it's decent money!
Nautik
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherlockbholmes Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:19 am

lol i wish sun farming was so profitable ): i only get 100k per 3 hours.

Sherlockbholmes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nautik Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Finally got my first Rainbow with Cactus and Brass! :D Now to wait on those timers!
Nautik
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next