AhnarisCraft!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mago's application

2 posters

Go down

Mago's application Empty Mago's application

Post  Mago Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:14 pm

MC user name: mago515
Languages: English
Favorite thing to build and why: I built a very large boat once, it was definitely my favorite thing i've ever built but I don't want to build one again.
IRL hobbies:Bowling, Xbox, Starcraft, drinking Mountain Dew
Pick one of the following topics, and tell us something about it - Ancient Egypt, Famous Pianists, Nuclear Physics:

Nuclear fission is the reverse process of fusion. For nuclei heavier than nickel-62 the binding energy per nucleon decreases with the mass number. It is therefore possible for energy to be released if a heavy nucleus breaks apart into two lighter ones.
The process of alpha decay is in essence a special type of spontaneous nuclear fission. This process produces a highly asymmetrical fission because the four particles which make up the alpha particle are especially tightly bound to each other, making production of this nucleus in fission particularly likely.
For certain of the heaviest nuclei which produce neutrons on fission, and which also easily absorb neutrons to initiate fission, a self-igniting type of neutron-initiated fission can be obtained, in a so-called chain reaction. Chain reactions were known in chemistry before physics, and in fact many familiar processes like fires and chemical explosions are chemical chain reactions. The fission or "nuclear" chain-reaction, using fission-produced neutrons, is the source of energy for nuclear power plants and fission type nuclear bombs, such as those detonated by the United States in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan, at the end of World War II. Heavy nuclei such as uranium and thorium may undergo spontaneous fission, but they are much more likely to undergo decay by alpha decay.
For a neutron-initiated chain-reaction to occur, there must be a critical mass of the element present in a certain space under certain conditions (these conditions slow and conserve neutrons for the reactions). In two regions of Oklo, Gabon, Africa, natural nuclear fission reactors were active over 1.5 billion years ago. Measurements of natural neutrino emission have demonstrated that around half of the heat emanating from the Earth's core results from radioactive decay. However, it is not known if any of this results from fission chain-reactions

Last edited by Mago on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

Mago

Back to top Go down

Mago's application Empty Bump?

Post  Mago Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:13 pm

Bump? xD

Just making sure my application wasn't missed on accident.

Mago

Back to top Go down

Mago's application Empty Re: Mago's application

Post  Kaisan Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:21 pm

We're starting with the oldest apps first, so bumping it only puts it last in line :P

You've been added to the white list! Please view our server and forum rules HERE.

If you'd like to join our Mumble server, the information is...
vx38.commandchannel.com

The server address for the Minecraft server is...
ahnaris.mossycobble.com or 74.63.240.57

Most of the major projects on the server are built around the texture pack John Smith. It's not a requirement to install or use it, but odds are good that the server will look much better if you use the same texture pack that the moderators are using.

In order to use this texture pack, you need to download MCPatcher, and John Smith. There are installation instructions included in the zip file.

I am locking this topic to prevent spam. If you have any issues, please send any OP (our names are in black) a PM and we will do our best to help you out.
Kaisan
Kaisan

Back to top Go down

Mago's application Empty Re: Mago's application

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down