Post  lokiluck on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:09 pm

about swearing, be warned there is swearing it in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_osQvkeNRM&feature=feedf

to lighten the mood a bit as well wait for yogscast
lokiluck

Back to top Go down

Re: Mommy and Daddy are fighting :(

Post  Blooshamoo on Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:17 am

Here's a nice little vid about this from Athene, no new info in it but hey.
Blooshamoo

Back to top Go down

Post  HitmanZeus on Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:37 am

Blooshamoo wrote:Here's some more info on the story (I'm taking it to be legit as a link to it was retweeted on yogscast twitter)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/mkew4/my_experience_with_the_yogscast_team_at_minecon/c31odgc

Also sorry if I'm being boring by following this so closely, I just luuuurve internet drama!

I disagree with TB on the part of British humor. Yogscast is there to promote a product and the last thing you do is going around and f-bombing people.

Imaging an E3 where one company is going around swearing about every other product then their own... Way to talk about bad publicity.

HitmanZeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Blooshamoo on Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:03 am

Yogscast is there to promote a product and the last thing you do is going around and f-bombing people.

I don't know if you've ever been to a conference or convention, but guest speakers are brought in to entertain the crowd not to promote anything. I said it earlier but if you booked Chris Rock for your convention (and most of the conferences I've been to like to get an edgy comic) you'd expect him to swear and do his usual comedy. Yogscast went to minecon and did exactly what anyone who watched their channel would expect them to.
And remember that Notch is a big yogscast fan so he knew exactly what their humour was like.

The crowd we're all laughing and I've not seen a single complaint from anyone at minecon except from Notch. I think theres more to this story than we know, and we'll find out in 6-12 hours when their flight lands; and they've gone home and had their jaffa cakes.
Blooshamoo

Back to top Go down

Post  HitmanZeus on Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:22 am

Blooshamoo wrote:
Yogscast is there to promote a product and the last thing you do is going around and f-bombing people.

I don't know if you've ever been to a conference or convention, but guest speakers are brought in to entertain the crowd not to promote anything. I said it earlier but if you booked Chris Rock for your convention (and most of the conferences I've been to like to get an edgy comic) you'd expect him to swear and do his usual comedy. Yogscast went to minecon and did exactly what anyone who watched their channel would expect them to.
And remember that Notch is a big yogscast fan so he knew exactly what their humour was like.

The crowd we're all laughing and I've not seen a single complaint from anyone at minecon except from Notch. I think theres more to this story than we know, and we'll find out in 6-12 hours when their flight lands; and they've gone home and had their jaffa cakes.

You misunderstand my point. If I brought any celebrity to a convention that I manage, they automaticly endorse either a product or a statement.

HitmanZeus

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty on Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:25 am

HitmanZeus wrote:
You misunderstand my point. If I brought any celebrity to a convention that I manage, they automaticly endorse either a product or a statement.
It's the responsibility of the products owners to maintain the boundaries of what is acceptable and unacceptable behaviour in this kind of situation. If people didn't want Chris Rock swearing at a convention they'd ask and he'd either agree or just leave. They didn't do that to yogscast and that's why I think that this is unfair if that is the actual reason that they are angry.

BigGWesty

Location : Glasgow, East Kilbride, Scotland (Not England. There are people who think they're the same >=(

Back to top Go down

Post  obivandamme on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:23 am

I don't think, that the swearing on the videos is the actual reason for all this. The videos of Yogscast are well known to almost everyone that plays games and has a youtube account and their language should also be known by notch. I don't think, that he invented them to show a video of more than an hour which is so different from their usual stuff. And even if Notch did not wanted them to swear why did no one check the video before showing it or asked them to swear less. I think there was something happening "off-air" and I think we should wait for lewis and simons response on that a don't judge all this just because of a few tweets.

obivandamme

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokill on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:05 am

it's funny and yet sad to see how nobody reads Notch his explanation tweets and thinks this is due to the onstage video. But in fact the onstage thing has absolutely nothing to do with it.

This is how aliens started to exist and Elvis didn't do no drugs!
:/
Nokill

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:45 am

Nokill wrote:it's funny and yet sad to see how nobody reads Notch his explanation tweets and thinks this is due to the onstage video.
I had actually looked at his twitter yesterday before he tweeted that. I figured they were being different kinds of assholes. Thanks for reminding me to check. I wont actually be surprised if yogscast lose half or more of their subscribers.

BigGWesty

Location : Glasgow, East Kilbride, Scotland (Not England. There are people who think they're the same >=(

Back to top Go down

Post  Blooshamoo on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:08 am

I looked at their stats, thry gained nearly 3000 subs yesterday
Blooshamoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Azuranski on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:31 am

Blooshamoo wrote:I looked at their stats, thry gained nearly 3000 subs yesterday
That's because everyone wants to see their response.

Azuranski

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokill on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:56 pm

Azuranski wrote:
Blooshamoo wrote:I looked at their stats, thry gained nearly 3000 subs yesterday
That's because everyone wants to see their response.
it's all depending on there response how many subscribers they keep :)
Nokill

Back to top Go down

Post  Blooshamoo on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:55 pm

Yogscast finally respond:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/mnau9/yogscast_response_to_notchs_twitterings/
Blooshamoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanrex on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Blooshamoo wrote:Yogscast finally respond:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/mnau9/yogscast_response_to_notchs_twitterings/

They handled that very, very well.
Tanrex

Back to top Go down

Post  Azuranski on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:10 pm

Not really. They twisted some of Notch's words (YC: "Out of all the tweets that Notch sent out, most hurtful was the accusation that we told a kid to “fuck off” and crossed out another signature – which is something we would never ever do." N: "A kid wanted them to sign something I had signed, and they said they'd cross it out and put "fuck you" there instead.") and properly addresed only some of Notch's complains (they completely missed the insulting people and being dickish parts). Also, they were thinking for too long about what to say - matters like that should be resolved ASAP.

Azuranski

Back to top Go down

Post  Blooshamoo on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:28 pm

they were thinking for too long about what to say - matters like that should be resolved ASAP

It's a 14 hour flight from vegas to london plus a 5 hour drive to where they live from heathrow, you really expected them to reply on the plane? Besides, if Notch had spent more time thinking instead of blurting out randomly then he woulnd't have had to appologise the next day.

N: "A kid wanted them to sign something I had signed, and they said they'd cross it out and put "fuck you" there instead."
Well Notch can't possibly have seen that happen first hand since he would have been off doing his own stuff, so I highly expect this was garbage that someone told Notch. Plus theres so many videos on youtube of yogscast doing the signings that if this really happened someone would have filmed it and other people would have seen it happen.

they completely missed the insulting people and being dickish parts
Well Notch really never gave any details about that so it'd be hard for them to rebute.
Blooshamoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonkers on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:57 pm

Yogcast aren't the only one complaining about the ubber fail that was minecon and the giant lack of preparation. They switched the attack on them into an attack on Minecon/Mojang/Notch.

They responded well, but they had 24 hours to respond, I would be curious to know how they actually responded between them. It's probably a lot different.

This entire thing is going nowhere now. We've been trolled by all of them I think. Both side are playing us all.
Bonkers

Back to top Go down

Post  Blooshamoo on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:06 pm

Notch's response to their statement on reddit:

"Fair enough."
Blooshamoo

Back to top Go down

trololol

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:08 am

Just out of curiousity...

Who's who in this relationship? Is Notch daddy and Yogscast mommy? They did always seem rather effeminate to me.

On a different note, why are we calling them mom and dad anyway? I play Minecraft because of friends from school, but I don't call them my parents. And Notch is why the game is so popular, not Yogscast. More like grandfather and grandson fighting.

Yes, I just trolled the hell out of this topic. Get over it. Go diggy diggy hole or something...

Back to top Go down

Post  martin on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:55 am

rhett, stop trolling seriously.
martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blooshamoo on Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:03 am

I discovered minecraft after it was mentioned of penny arcade but got bored of vanilla after I'd built my 3rd stupidly giant mansion. Then I found yogscast and discovered loads of great mods to keep the game fun, and loads of amazing builds that inspired me to try more ambitious projects.

I'd like to think Minecraft is a good enough game to have been a hit without yogscast, but I've no doubt yogscasts 80million views a month have certainly helped. And without fans, there would be no mods and without mods there would be few fans. I would have stopped playing long ago without single player mods or multiplayer server mods. Vanilla minecraft is really just a 3d voxel paint program, I've seen better games die from lack of publicity.

p.s
Notch is the Mother, for he giveth birth. Yogs is the father for he raisith to be strong and powerful and then credits himself.
Blooshamoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Blooshamoo wrote:
p.s
Notch is the Mother, for he giveth birth. Yogs is the father for he raisith to be strong and powerful and then credits himself.

Excellent, thanks for clearing that up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Blooshamoo on Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:36 pm

And so the saga ends with Notch appologising for being a dick and mojang and yogscast tweeting tweets of friendship and cake.

The moral of the story is; Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering

and don't be a dick.
Blooshamoo

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty on Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Blooshamoo wrote:The moral of the story is; Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering and don't be a dick.
In my opinion the moral is that you should keep your mouth shut till you have complete evidence to what you're saying before you start talking. Since he didn't have actual evidence, Notch was screwed from the get-go. I thought he actually had evidence when he started saying yogscast had done stupid stuff.
When you're the face of something big, you shouldn't be spreading rumors.

BigGWesty

Back to top Go down

Post  Nautik on Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:44 am

Stop locking this. There was a legit convo that was going on until it was moved, moved again, locked, unlocked, locked again, unlocked yet again, and then locked again?
Nautik

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokill on Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:51 am

wasn't me the second third and fourth time! only the first...
Nokill

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:20 pm

What the heck?! Every time I look, his thread has had something done to it.

Forummotion is toying with us.

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:41 pm

This post kinda died when it was locked and put into the trade section.

BigGWesty

Back to top Go down

Seriously Notch...

Post  OThatWasCheeky on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:05 pm

What was Notch expecting? The Yogscast cuss and Notch was fully aware of that!

OThatWasCheeky

Back to top Go down

Post  BigGWesty on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:33 am

OThatWasCheeky wrote:What was Notch expecting? The Yogscast cuss and Notch was fully aware of that!
The story that Notch was told was that Yogscast were being mean to children and other fans there. Swearing was at those fans was what annoyed Notch. Not Yogscast swearing in general.
The whole issue has been resolved anyway. It was just a rumor that Notch took to heart because he was tired and Minecon was a bit of a mess.

On a side note, I thought this post had been locked since the whole thing had been resolved?

BigGWesty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum